>Rags finally out, not sure what’s left.

>The people collecting second-hand clothes came around again on Monday and I was relieved to finally get rid of all my shoulder pads, leggings, clothes I once thought were cool and are decidedly not, some very rarely worn articles and all my shoes except two pairs and the old ones used for wondering around on a bicycle in. That meant about ten or more pairs of ridiculously heeled shoes that had barely been worn – if at all will get to meet a new owner who will love them as much as I did, and even wear them.

I even gave away a couple of beautiful dresses that my parents had given the girls from Cameroon all those years ago when they were about twelve – my daughters, not my parents, and I found that very difficult. Todd’s room could have been totally emptied but I just took out a brand new pair of jeans that Coralie gave him as she didn’t like them – for which Todd came ’round for today. Oooops – but he was only going to use them as a joke, so it’s not as if he’s going to wear them.

Which leaves me with very little left indeed. I still can’t part with my maternity dungarees and although the newest of clothes date from 2007, I’m not too fussed.

Herman was out all afternoon and really likes playing on the roof tile that I put in his run, especially nose-diving off. He didn’t venture anywhere near his shed which I filled with shredded paper and when I saw that he was getting tired and was looking for a place to hide under I forced him into it. Herman is still in there now but I don’t think I’ll leave him out all night – I’m not quite sure what to do. It’s not as if I’ve left him a quilt or anything. What if he catches a cold? Or gets homesick? I think I’d better do some research.

The Twat is on his way home after having interviewed Nick Griffin. He didn’t sound particularly happy.

Can’t think why not.

1. Posted Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 8:46 am | Permalink

It’s good to have a clear out ….. in many ways ….

2. Posted Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 8:47 am | Permalink

…… just this morning I …… oh never mind, it’s not important ….

3. Posted Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 8:47 am | Permalink

…… anyway, I felt much better afterwards ……..

4. DavidK
    Posted Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 8:53 am | Permalink

Herman has a shed?

5. Posted Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 10:27 am | Permalink

He does.

6. Ed
    Posted Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 12:00 pm | Permalink

What’s good enough for Herman is good enough for the Twat, I’d say… (apart from the strange choice of food, obviously)

7. Posted Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 12:26 pm | Permalink

Did he kick Griffin in the balls? If not, that explains his misery.

8. NaF
    Posted Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

DavidK got there first, dammit.
    Could Herman & the Twat share the shed?
    Possibly not sheds are a very personal thing. Like underpants.

9. Posted Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 4:58 pm | Permalink

The shed has been made so that the Twat can smoke his shisha pipe in it – it has a special ventilation space. He just has to lose weight now.

10. Posted Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 8:50 pm | Permalink

Oh I have sorted and disposed of so many clothes! The saddest ones are those sweet little things that no one in the family will ever fit in again, ( even me) and that makes me feel like time is just zipping by and where are those baby girls and then instead of cleaning closets I am just tripping down some dusty memory lane and then I trip and it hurts. Meanwhile there is the comfort of some shopping to replace some of those old and tired clothes. Sorry for the ramble…back to the boxes.

11. Posted Wednesday, June 17, 2009 at 10:15 pm | Permalink

Oh, how I’d love to “interview” Nick Griffin…

12. Posted Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 6:24 am | Permalink

leggings are coming back!

13. Posted Thursday, June 18, 2009 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

HERMAN has a shed and Q. doesn’t.
    And you can’t think why Q. is not happy?
    🙂