>That’s ma boy.

>Last Sunday afternoon Todd came around for the last of his things as the children went back to school yesterday. As I was on the phone to my father I decided to pass the call on to Todd, seeing as he was there. They had a good chat and Todd finished the conversation by saying:

“It was a pleasure speaking with you, Grandpa.”

Shocked by my son’s courtesy I didn’t have much else to say to my dad so ended the conversation on a slightly more affectionate level, shall we say. I was proud of Todd, he has obviously remembered some of the things that I have brought him up to say, but that didn’t hinder him from leaving the house and slamming the door loudly. I did notice one thing though, and that was his missing piercing. As Todd was on the phone at the time, he didn’t say anything to me about it, so I called his dad.

It appears that his father told him to remove the new ring that hindered Todd’s ability to speak, looked ridiculous and no doubt got caught when brushing his teeth. Whatever I thought of Todd’s piercing, I really wanted it to be up to him to remove it and realise what a stupid idea it was, but that opportunity is now lost as the hole will have closed up by now and Todd has just thrown away €50, plus the new ring. For me, realising the mistake he’d made and then removing it on his own accord would mean growing up a bit, and I wanted that.

Oh well, you can’t always get what you want, preached the great Mick Jagger.

Apart from that, I’m bored. I applied for another job that has confused me greatly. It was listed on their vacancies page so I applied, and was asked on the page what my motivation and expected salary was. Not sure as to how many characters or words I was allowed in the little box, I kept it to a bare minimum, attached my CV and wonder if I’ll ever hear from them again.

Cooking seems to be the only valuable pass-time, but that only happens when the Twat is here. He no longer eats on Sundays as he goes elsewhere for most of the day so I settled for a CuppaSoup last night. It’s vegetable tart, spuds and glazed apples tonight, which is a bit of an odd pot, but we’ll see.

And for the first time, I actually feel sorry for Gordon Brown.

Whatever he does, he’s faulted.

1. Posted Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 9:33 am | Permalink

I’m so glad he got rid of that piece of steel from his face!!!
    Fingers crossed for this job. it’s so difficult trying to decide if you fit into their ‘selection category’ when they don;t have one, huh? :O

2. Posted Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 1:51 pm | Permalink

Agree with the last bit.
    Gordon has many faults. Oh so many.
    However I am sure that he never meant any offence with his letter and, in fact, was doing what he thought was right.
    I think Mrs janes behaviour since has been churlish to say the least.
    Ken

3. Posted Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 3:49 pm | Permalink

I find it difficult to imagine how anyone could talk with a piercing. I imagine it must always be hitting the roof of the mouth or the back of the teeth.

4. z
    Posted Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 6:31 pm | Permalink

So glad to hear about the boy. He will justify your pride in him yet.
    Eat properly. Let me speak to you as a mother (look love, it’s what I do best, please bear with me) and get proper nutrition. Seriously (sorry), your forties are a time when you have to start looking after yourself as otherwise you’ll start getting decreased bone density and that sort of boring shit’n’shat in a few years. You don’t have to cook to eat well, and any silly bugger can bake a potato and shove a lump of cheese in it with a couple of tomatoes or make a reasonably nutritious sandwich. If your daughters admitted to having Cuppasoup for dinner, you’d worry. You know it’s not enough. I do hope that, at the least, you had a couple of glasses of wine with it.
    And agree with you about Gordo. If there was one time when the news media could have talked something down rather than up, this was it.
    Oh, and you’re gorgeous.

5. Posted Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 8:16 pm | Permalink

z – I had a home-made veggie tart (and tonight) with a glazed apple and rosti. Two nights in a row. I am eating more healthily than ever these days as it’s cheaper.
    Thank you for your concern – but I’m drinking more tea than ever, and am making stews that last for a week – I just keep topping them up with fresh vegetables.
    If Q doesn’t turn up -well, that’s a meal missed, innit?
    He did apologise tonight though, which rather shocked me 😉

6. Posted Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 9:04 pm | Permalink

I think that in a couple of years you’ll be so proud of the way Todd has turned out. It’s a good sign he knows how to behave towards others. Sometimes home is the only place they can really let go.
    So are you going to start writing that recipe book?

7. z
    Posted Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 9:11 pm | Permalink

Enough protein and calcium, I hope? 😉

8. Posted Wednesday, November 11, 2009 at 12:17 am | Permalink

Sorry for Gorgon Brown? Are you mad, woman?
    I suppose you felt sorry for Jack the Ripper, Crippen and all the other poor, down-trodden criminals?
    Pfffft!

9. Posted Wednesday, November 11, 2009 at 1:36 pm | Permalink

Bloody piercings. How much trouble to they cause? Thanks for my birthday message Lx