>Todd N° 5,379 (and still going)

>Oh dear, that horrible, big cloud of hormones has descended upon Todd again. Living with that boy is worse than living with a woman and I do happen to live with a couple aswell as myself. Yesterday he left the house without a word, came back hours later for his clean washing that I said I’d fold and put back into his suitcase, but oh no. He was obviously in a rush to get somewhere and was just grabbing clothes off the clothes-horse and shoving them into a small back-pack. I wanted to protest but I value my doors slightly more these days and so let him get on with it.

Today he came back banging on the front door – OH NO, my newly varnished door – for the rest of his stuff. I knew full well that he was also here to re-charge his phone as he lent his re-charger to a friend at his boarding facility, which although kind, was a little silly of him to leave it with her all this week as he’s home for half-term. The only person with a re-charger that fits his phone is me and I certainly didn’t want him running off with it as I know that I’d never see it again. Todd tried talking to me but had trouble with his new piercing (a ring, this time – eww) and it is once again fashionable to lisp.

I ran upstairs to get his suitcase with his remaining clothes in it, came back to find that he had gone and that there was a large footprint on my front door. I’m managing Todd’s mood-swings much better these days as after a bad day I always know that there will be a good day, a bit like the sun coming out after the rain. I’m also doing a facial-hair-growth dance because when he starts shaving…

that bloody piercing will come out.

1. Posted Friday, November 6, 2009 at 12:11 pm | Permalink

Or maybe he’ll shave around it.

2. Posted Friday, November 6, 2009 at 1:39 pm | Permalink

I never went through that stage in my teenage years. I think my mother is happy for that.

3. Posted Friday, November 6, 2009 at 10:59 pm | Permalink

Isn’t he shaving yet? That’s quite late….I thought he was 17 – or am I getting confused with your tortoise? Lx

4. Posted Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 8:39 am | Permalink

Lulu – he turned 16 this year. Herman doesn’t shave either.

5. Posted Sunday, November 8, 2009 at 5:24 pm | Permalink

I know that feeling; all of the lovingly ironed and folded washing bunged into a bag. He also shoves in a carton of milk, orange juice and other foods which I’m sure are going to burst all over his clothes.
    He didn’t come home this weekend, I’m supposed to be pleased that he’s bonding with his fellow students, but it’s very strange

6. Posted Sunday, November 8, 2009 at 7:03 pm | Permalink

I’m sorry to hear that Anji – but we have to let go of them some time – I’m finding it harder these days and am ‘blogging’ to myself as I’m worried that people will think that I’m asking for pity.
    It’s not like me, I know – it’s my blog… but there again I’m not sure what to do.

7. Pat
    Posted Monday, November 9, 2009 at 8:32 am | Permalink

I really admire your philosophical attitude. It’s the only one that makes sense but God I used to find it difficult to stem the rage.(Mine.)