And so she’s gone.

Well, Coralie came around yesterday to grab a few of her belongings here to take to Tenerife and then said goodbye. She is 20, a young adult and therefore I should be pleased that she’s going to work in Tenerife for 4 months to improve her Spanish so that she’ll get her degree at the end of this year, but somehow, I feel as though my heart-strings are being tested.

Her boyfriend is visiting her in March and I mentioned that that would be a good time to visit Morocco because if she doesn’t go there while so close she’ll kick herself forever afterwards.

“But why can’t I go on my own?”

I looked at her boyfriend who told her sweet things about attractive, single women visiting Morocco from abroad that end rather unhappily. Did I mention that Coralie is studying tourism? The idiot.

However, I got plenty of hugs before my daughter left to pack and then go to her farewell party, as well as promises of keeping in touch which will definitely test her communication skills with the rest of the family.

Coralie is on her way to the airport now and I hope that she has a good time. I miss her already but she’ll be home sooner than I expect.

I’m off in search of comfort food now.

1. Posted Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 11:16 am | Permalink

*hugs* enjoy your patats frites 😀

2. Posted Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 11:52 am | Permalink

Hugs from me too. Her boyfriend sounds like a really nice young man.

It will go quicker than you think.

3. Posted Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Permalink

More wine then?

4. Posted Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Permalink

Tenerife OK, there’s a little cafe in the village of San Miguel that does the most fantastic strawberry desert you’ll ever eat. Morocco brilliant, especially Marrakech. Biggest tip for Morocco – if any local, especially a taxi driver, asks you if you’ve ever been before, say yes even if you haven’t as they’ll think you know all the tricks and they won’t drag you round their commission stops.

5. Posted Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 11:37 am | Permalink

Sounds a pleasant way to finish off a degree and travel is always educational.

Posted Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Permalink

I’m sure she’ll be fine. She’ll be back before you know it, along with four months’ worth of laundry.

7. Posted Monday, January 25, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Permalink

She’ll be fine. The time will go by really fast.