There are pros to unemployment.

I miss Coralie terribly these days and keep calling her sister ‘Coralie’ which must be driving her batty. (Tatiana, that is, not Coralie.) So far, I have heard via Coralie’s boyfriend and father that she had arrived safely and is sharing a room with a friend. Her boyfriend added that as of yet she has no internet connection so everytime Tatiana comes home from college I ask her if she has any news or if Coralie’s FaceBook page has been updated.

So far, nada 🙁

Going to Tenerife is a good thing for Coralie, but I did think that we’d be able to communicate somehow. I wonder how many hours a day she’s working – maybe she’ll surprise me by sending me a postcard, although that really isn’t her style. We’ll see.

I do hope everybody is voting for the blogs that I mentioned further below in this year’s Bloggies and if you don’t, then I shall have no other option than to put up a photo of me squeezed into my SLN (Sexy Little Number), a sight that you really don’t want to see unless you get kicks out of white velcro, white plastic and bright yellow foam.

That was a threat, in case you didn’t get it.

And as I am a lady of intolerable leisure I have decided to go out today. I’m taking Tatiana out for lunch. Hell, it took me 2 months to save up for this and Tatiana is great company.

Those sandwiches had damn well better be good.

1. Posted Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 9:38 am | Permalink

I do the muddled up names bit too. She’s probably missing you just as much.

Hope your sarnies are perfect.

2. Posted Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 10:06 am | Permalink

I always take the TG out to the burgher stand at B&Q for a treat ….. just sayin’

3. Posted Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 11:47 am | Permalink

She’s probably hard at it settling in. When she has tine to think she’ll start missing you. Be patient:)

4. Posted Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 11:53 am | Permalink

PS: just done it!

5. MsMcDermott
    Posted Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Permalink

When she does get internet, try Skype to talk to her. When my college-aged daughter was in HK, we talked on Skype all the time. Come to think of it, I saw more of her on Skype than I ever did when she was in College at home.

6. Posted Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 11:33 pm | Permalink

bright yellow foam?

7. Posted Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 2:21 am | Permalink

What MsMcDermott says reminds me of what a Russian girl told me…she and her mum talked more while she was here, in Guyana than when she was back home 🙂

Posted Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 4:48 am | Permalink

You’ll hear from Coralie soon enough, even if it’s just a panicky phone call asking for instructions on how to do the laundry.

I’m sure Tatiana understands why you’re calling her by her sister’s name. She’s probably already used to it to some extent — most parents sooner or later get flustered enough to run down the list of their kids’ names when they want some child to STOP IT NOW!!! As long as you don’t start calling her “Herman”, you should be OK.

And if the SLN is so horrifying, who decided it was “sexy”?

9. Posted Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 7:51 am | Permalink

I don’t think Coralie has downloaded Skype onto her laptop but she soon will if only to talk to her boyfriend. She emailed Tatiana yesterday from a terrace over-looking the sea… and seems to be doing fine. I’ve still not heard from her 🙁

Anon, too, I often go through the entire list of my kids’ names before I get it right, and the Twat is often called ‘Todd’. I decided to call my my SLN ‘sexy’ – because it was far from it…. me being me, I suppose.

10. Posted Saturday, January 30, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Permalink

It’s funny that teens seem to be able to survive without internet once they are abroad 😀