What is it with black eyes in my family?

Coralie came home one night and went straight to bed. The next morning I scolded her for not having taken off her make-up.

“It’s not make-up, Mum, it’s a black eye.”
“A black eye? How?”

It took a while to get any sense out of her but finally she told me ‘her’ version of the truth.

Now she may be on the smaller side of the scale, but would you believe your daughter if she gave you this answer?

“I walked into a chair.”

Her boyfriend looked at me and raised his eyebrows, while I was trying to visualise a chair high enough for Coralie to walk into.

Nope. I still don’t buy her story.

1. Posted Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 10:55 am | Permalink

Why not ask the chair? You’ll probably get as much sense out of it…

2. Posted Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

Chairs… you can never trust them.

3. Posted Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Permalink

Uh huh…You want I should contact some old friends in Brooklyn that still owe me favors?

4. Posted Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Permalink

Pissed! Same as mum!

5. Posted Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Permalink

John, that’s what I suspect, but she’s a sensible girl….

6. Posted Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Permalink

Perhaps she was drunk and was on her knees when she walked into it. Why not get the boyfriend on his own and see what he says?

7. Posted Tuesday, January 5, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Permalink

Anji, “apparently”, he wasn’t there as “apparently” it happened at college…”apparently”…

8. Posted Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 6:53 am | Permalink

Was it a flying chair?

9. Posted Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 10:50 am | Permalink

I should definitely have a word with the boy friend. It’s worth checking out.

10. Posted Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Permalink

Was someone wielding the chair and hit her with it?
    Hope the Twat’s back is better. Tell him to hold hid nose firmly next time he feels a sneeze coming on.

11. JmJoan
    Posted Wednesday, January 6, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Permalink

Your idea close to this good post seems to be really good and different students will take it for their thesis examples. But some of students very often use the support of dissertation writing service.