The Police.

I love the police in this country. Fair enough, I have blogged about them before as they turn around and I see their huge handcuffs on their belts, their guns in their holsters and not to mention the uniform.

A rather young-looking policeman just popped by for a signature on the declaration I made about Todd several weeks back when the idiot bought a stolen scooter and got stopped by the police. The boy now has to go to court and once again I asked the policeman when that would be.

“Oh, not for a long time.”
“That’s what I expected seeing as I have to go back to court in 2012 for something really stupid.”
“I know,”
went on the policeman, “I was once flashed by the police and the court case took forever – it’s Belgium, isn’t it?”

A policeman with a sense of humour is a hard find, but tonight I found one.

It’s a shame that he looked about 20 years younger than me.

1. Posted Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 9:16 pm | Permalink

When the police-boys there discover this blog, they’ll be tickled pink 🙂

Posted Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 3:21 am | Permalink

So he looked 20 years younger than you. So what?

Either you go for it like actress Demi Moore, or. . .

. . .you admit he had his mommy with him because he’s not allowed to cross the street by himself!

3. Posted Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 7:57 am | Permalink

Our system is slow too. Those guns always give me the shivvers. We had a trainee policemen staying at the house once and I made him promise to leave the gun at the station, which he did.

4. Posted Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 8:47 am | Permalink

When ever I see police with guns it makes me a little nervous too. I can’t help staring at the gun. Then again if they notice me staring they are probably nervous of me.

5. Bruce
    Posted Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 10:59 am | Permalink

So he looked 20 years younger than you. So what?

Either you go for it like actress Demi Moore, or. . .

6. a
    Posted Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 11:00 am | Permalink

Every time we get a ‘terror alert’ the streets are full of policemen and women carrying machine guns. They look about sixteen…

7. Posted Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 9:02 am | Permalink

Oooooh, young màààààn!

8. Posted Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Permalink

Fortunately I’ve never seen a French policeman use a gun. let’s hope they are effective enough in their holsters.
    As for handcuffs – are you going to get some for Quarsan’s next birthday?

9. Posted Friday, May 21, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

What matters more is whether he would see you as 20 years older than him.

10. Bruce
    Posted Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Permalink

Oooooh, young màààààn!

11. Posted Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 12:36 am | Permalink

According to a recent survey on t’internet in Britanistan 70% of the public now regard the police as “the enemy”. I must admit after several brushes with them I keep out of their way.

They have to meet targets now, and make so many arrests every month if they want to “get on”.