It could be worse.

The ‘children’ are back again and Todd is none the wiser. He has broken two more doors simply by hitting them and all I was trying to do was talk to him. Perhaps I should ignore him totally and he’ll love me forever, but that really isn’t my way of bringing up a child. The boy has anger issues and takes them out on me as he’d rather not take them out on his father. Ho hum. Tatiana is still working at the local supermarket and Coralie is studying hard to re-take 7 (eeeeks) exams so as to get her degree. So far she seems to be very serious about re-sitting the exams – for which I don’t blame her, as she will have a job in September if she passes.

Todd is finally going into the fourth year next month – at the age of seventeen. That means that he’ll leave school at the age of (almost) 20, but it appears to be pretty common amongst boys in this country. I’m sure that he’ll do very well for himself, as long as he doesn’t decide to become a hairdresser…

I was speaking to the Ex about Todd and his behaviour this morning, along with the fact that there really don’t appear to be any jobs on the market in my domain. So the Ex suggested sending my CV to hotels to work as a receptionist, something that I could do but am not exactly jumping up and down about. But then, if it’s a job – well, I should go for it, despite the awful hours.

Apart from that, I’m keeping myself busy de-cluttering my office (at home) and have subsequently ended up with backache. The days are pretty quiet as nobody is around so I have to do something or it’s back to watching Jezza Kyle again, and quite frankly, life is too short for that.

Tomorrow: hairdressers. The joy.

1. Posted Tuesday, August 3, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Permalink

Welcome to my world. My 18 year old smashed a fist through his bedroom door (which we didn’t even see until we vacated the rental home) as a result of me just wanting to talk to him and ask him if he was in any trouble. ….sigh….(He’d been moody that whole week). He has anger issues too and wants to join the army. Hmm!

2. Posted Tuesday, August 3, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Permalink

I’ve often thought that children should be born aged 30 ….. I can see that this might cause some problems though ………

3. Hilde
    Posted Tuesday, August 3, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Permalink

There is a saying somewhere…that it is better to have your “crisis” as a man, when you have your son’s age, rather than at 40 and on…..
    At my age, looking back I agree !
    Speaking more than one language does open doors, although frontdesk jobs were refused to me because I didn’t have the looks and age of your daughters 🙁 only the experience !
    Relocation jobs would be interesting to you and they pay you for each mission, check it out it’s worthwhile.
    Keep up your good spirit,
    Hilde

4. Posted Tuesday, August 3, 2010 at 11:55 pm | Permalink

OH GOSH. Is it time for Todd to move in with his father?

Posted Wednesday, August 4, 2010 at 2:51 am | Permalink

Let’s see: Good luck to Coralie; may all the studying pay off. Mme. Z, try the hotel idea — maybe you could move up to meeting/event planner or some such. Tatiana, could you bring home something to keep your brother in line, like a frozen leg of lamb?

The Twat and Herman are conspicuously absent from all this commotion. Have they flown the coop together? (I’ll miss Herman!)

Lastly: GR, I think it’s time for Todd to be sutured or handcuffed to his father! Maybe that would keep Todd from destroying the house and scaring the newts.

6. Posted Wednesday, August 4, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Permalink

Todd will get better – trust me.

The Hotel jobs do sound like a good idea. How about guided visits of Brussels? You could do a special one of the bars of note.
    Good luck Coralie!

7. Posted Thursday, August 5, 2010 at 1:13 am | Permalink

recent research shows that disruption of the circadian rythmn really messes the brain and health, actually increasing the risk fo cancer and other things

this price of shift work, especially roating hours shift work makes it way not worth it !

as a teenager i broke a door once, i think if you do it twice its a problem

i do reply to the odd blog, usually my comments never make it past moderation tho the content is not much different from this

fragile fools this world i am afraid

8. Posted Thursday, August 5, 2010 at 8:57 am | Permalink

Andrew, how about 3 doors and dented another?

9. Posted Friday, August 6, 2010 at 1:35 am | Permalink

yeah thats too much, he’s not picking up that his behavior is maladaptive

its actually a touch of schizophrenia i am afraid to say

he’s not getting enough focus, too much alcohol?, not enough sleep, too much of the wrong sort of activity ?

bit

of fish oil to try and get the brain working a bit better?

dealt with this sort of thing for many years, all written up here

the

tragedy is

that

its
    actually those with the better brains that gte wasted by todays diet and lifestyle