Lazing on a Sunday afternoon.

There is nothing more that pisses me off than somebody fucking around with my life. Sunday morning started out fine – until I tried to Skype someone only to find that Alexsander123 had hacked into my account and was quite happily using it yesterday. Fortunately, I only had about €1 credit, so no loss there – but my contacts have obviously all gone. I’ve managed to recuperate 4, but there were quite a few more. So if you want to keep in touch with me, just drop me an email.

To be honest, it was partly my fault as my Skype account and my old gmail address had the same password so it was easy for Alexsander123 to hack into the two accounts, but if you receive an email from my zoeeee gmail address, beware – it’s not from me.

So yesterday I spent the entire day trying to recuperate my old gmail address but despite filling in Google’s lengthy form whereby you have to include 5 people that you email and 4 labels, they still refused to admit to my identity. And I had to give up my old Skype address as I had signed that up with my old gmail address of which I no longer have any control over.

Great.

The rest of the day was spent changing every single password that I had for every single account that I have – many of which I had long forgotten about and left me in a foul and furious mood.

It was also Todd’s 17th birthday but he wasn’t here all day apart from a quick pop around to the house to insult me again and then off with friends, so I guess he had a good time. I didn’t even have enough time to give him his present and god knows where he is today.

But he’s no longer a minor – YAY!

1. Posted Monday, August 9, 2010 at 11:39 am | Permalink

I love those fun weekends.

2. Posted Monday, August 9, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Permalink

Slap him!

3. Posted Monday, August 9, 2010 at 11:03 pm | Permalink

So, no longer a minor – did you change the locks while he was away?

4. Posted Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 12:46 am | Permalink

Now all your children are officially grown up, my goodness.

Write your various passwords in a notebook or on a sheet of paper and stick it on the wall.

5. Posted Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 1:53 am | Permalink

Hah. You can, as joeinvegas alludes to, kick him out of the house with impunity. Or even without.

6. Posted Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 9:47 am | Permalink

Oh SHIT. This backward country says that you are still a minor until you are 18. Well, according to my daughters.

7. Posted Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Permalink

Does your other gmail account still work ok ?

8. Posted Tuesday, August 10, 2010 at 10:44 pm | Permalink

Coatsie – yes,it does 🙂

9. Posted Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 10:59 am | Permalink

It is 18 – my two grand-daughters have just reached it – one today – although it’s Australia which is complicated with the time difference.

10. Posted Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Permalink

You should be grateful that Todd insults you. It shows that he at least acknowledges you exist!

11. Sewmouse
    Posted Thursday, August 12, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

I, personally, would not bother giving a present to someone who treats me like crap and insults me, uses foul language to me, destroys my property, slams doors and acts like a petulant 3-yr old.

“If you don’t want to behave like a member of this family, we won’t bother to treat you like one” would be MY attitude.

12. Posted Thursday, August 12, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Permalink

Sewmouse, my thoughts exactly. So I didn’t get him a present.

13. J
    Posted Sunday, August 15, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Permalink

I do believe it’s an EU wide thing as far as being a minor til one is 18 these days (UK might still be different, though).

Sorry to hear that you’re having so much trouble with the lad. I never thought he’d end up like that when I met him six years ago.

14. Posted Sunday, August 15, 2010 at 11:49 pm | Permalink

‘I never thought he’d end up like that when I met him six years ago.’

Take heart – he hasn’t ended up like that – he’s still developing and will surely start to mature into a reasonable adult in time.