Being accident-prone isn’t a Good Thing.

I’ve just come back from a lovely short stay with friends in northern France. They live in a beautiful converted barn which dates from the 17th century. Or maybe the 18th. I’m not too good on dates. I’d only just recovered from falling off a chair when putting a salad bowl away, thus splitting my head open and despite clutching a piece of frozen fish against my head, ended up with a huge and painful bump when I decided to knock my head again when getting out of a 2CV. That sent me flying on the pavement and my head was promptly seen to by our hostess.

Kenny won’t invite me to go anywhere again with him and he’s supposed to be stopping here tomorrow to take the Twat and I out for dinner. I must try and stay upright.

Brussels was warm and balmy last night but I’m almost tempted to put the heating on today. My toes have gone blue and I’m back to drinking steaming mugs of tea again. My letterbox was full of spam and a bank statement, my inbox had a job application rejection – and more spam, notably from that charming young boy who used to leave insults here.

My run to the Dole office was amusing as usual. I had a fight with the door only to be told by a passerby that it was shut. I was convinced that it was Monday today for some reason, hence the confusion. My monthly visits are getting to be depressing as it’s almost a year since I have been out of work and this is a first for me. Still, Belgium has woken up after the summer holidays and hopefully something will come along.

And I think it’s time that Hermie sleeps indoors at night now. I’d hate his claws to go blue.

Posted Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Permalink

Is it time to replace the tiara with a crash helmet?

2. Posted Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Permalink

You’re becoming more accident prone than me and that is saying something.

3. Posted Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Permalink

Frozen Fish? You carry frozen fish around with you when in France? How very odd. 🙂

4. Posted Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Permalink

I think The Cartoonist pegged it, your head was reacting to having frozen food in France.

5. Posted Thursday, September 2, 2010 at 5:46 am | Permalink

Peas are better, they mould to the shape of your hurt bit, trust me on this one I know.

6. Posted Thursday, September 2, 2010 at 5:47 am | Permalink

oh and how nice of that young man to keep in touch, have his manners got any better?

7. Posted Thursday, September 2, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Permalink

lom, no. Not at all. Boys will be boys, eh?

8. Posted Thursday, September 2, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

I’m having fun trying to imagine why you needed a chair to help you put the salad bowl away – perhaps it’s best not to think too hard about that one.

I hope your lumps and bumps are recovering well

9. Posted Thursday, September 2, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Permalink

Clumsy bugger!

10. Posted Friday, September 3, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Permalink

Speaking of broken heads, please don’t ask me to catch anything in the near future.

Brilliant to finally meet you, and my advice remains static…

11. Posted Friday, September 3, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Permalink

Well, it did involve a marble table, Kenny….

And I’ll stick to your fantastic advice:) You’re welcome back whenever. Zx

12. vincent
    Posted Sunday, September 12, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Permalink

Great info! I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

13. Mean
    Posted Tuesday, September 14, 2010 at 10:23 am | Permalink

Wow I have read your article and by the way I found you website on Bing and I think after I read particularpost on you website especially this one I have my own opinion about what should I tell on the next meeting with my girl friend, maybe tonight I will tell my girl friendabout this one and get debate.